What are hair donations?
Hair donations are used to make medical wigs out of hair for children 18 years or younger who need it. The program is run by JHD&C which was started in 2009 as Japan’s first and only NPO dedicated to hair donations. All of JHD&C’s activities are funded by donations.
To be eligible for donation your hair needs to meet a few requirements:
- Your hair must be 31cm or longer from the cut end to the tip
- The hair must be completely dry
- Do not wet your hair before cutting it! Mold and bacteria can grow on wet hair and make it unusable.
- You must not have lice or other hair ailments
- Your hair must not be highly damaged hair (breaks when lightly tugged).
All types of hair are accepted.
- Naturally curly, gray hair, colored hair, permed hair, bleached hair, even straightened hair is ok.
- Hair stored years ago is ok.
- Hair donations from people currently in treatment or taking medication is ok.
If your hair meets these conditions, JHD&C will accept hair from all nationalities, genders, ages, and hair color.
Please send your hair to Japan Hair Charity and Donation (www.jhdac.org)
For more information please contact our salon!